Monday, August 08, 2005

Return

Rob and I are back in Cali. We had a wonderful time in London. It was sunny and cool- perfect weather for riding around in open-top tour buses. We saw most of the major city sites, ate fish and chips and even popped into Madam Tusad's Wax museum for a brief tour.

We returned to sunny and hot LA and are both in the throws of jet lag. People have different strategies for jet lag. None of them seem to work perfectly. Yesterday we went hiking at 6:30 in the morning after being awake for almost two hours. We did so much physical activity (hiking, surfing, tennis, swimming) that we were both walking dead by 10 last night. Now it 5:30 and I'm up and ready to start another day. Not too bad at all!

Rob is going back to work this morning. That's the saddest part of coming home. When we are away together we spend so much time together. I really like hanging out with my husband! He'll be back at work and I'll be based at home the next few weeks- working on my dissertation, doing house projects, and preparing for my clerkship and classes that begin the second week in Sept. I am also planning to spend a lot of time with friends and family and keep processing (and blogging about) my experience in Africa.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Remember and reflect, tell us. And your experience will not fade quickly. How worthwhile your summer has been! Thank God for health and safety. You are loved.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on your blog! I am book marking your site for future reference.

I have recently created a gardening promotion site web
site/blog. It pretty much covers gardening promotion site web related stuff.

Stop by and check it out if you have time.

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Discount Hydro!

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adele said...

Sherry,
My name is Adele, and I'm a colleague of your cousing Brian in Kenya. Got the link to your blog from him after he quoted you in his latest newsletter. I love how you paint pictures with words. You're a gifted writer. Hope to meet you and your husband someday when you come to visit Brian & co in Kenya.
Blessings,
Adele Booysen
http://adelebooysen.blogspot.com