Wednesday, March 09, 2005

California identity

I woke up early this morning. 4:30 to be exact. A little insomnia can be very useful. I laid there thinking about whether getting up at 4:30 would help me adjust to the time change in China. Is it 12 hours different? 16? I thought, "I am going east so I need to get up later and go to bed earlier... No get up earlier." Then I was trying to figure out is there a point where you go so far east that you are really going west. And where would that point be? The Prime Meridian? Hmmm. I pondered these questions for awhile and then got up to get a drink and pet the dog. I went back to bed thinking about how I must remember to pack some diet coke...

Later this morning... around 8, I started working on a presentation on the role of mental health workers in responding to disaster. Worked on that for several hours.

I decided to take a break. I put on my swim suit and my new Guess sunglasses (purchased for $10 at Ross) and sat by the pool while flipping through a Vogue and eating a spinach salad with walnuts and dried cranberries. Talk about California moments...

No comments: