Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hong Kong Day 1

2:40 A.M. on Saturday in California.
6:40 P.M. on Saturday in Hong Kong.

It has been rainy and dreary but it is clearing up to night. If I squish my face on the window and look right, I can see the famous Hong Kong night scene across the river. In half an hour a woman named Joy is coming to show me the night in Hong Kong. I think that just means a trip on the ferry to view the skyline, not like going out on the town. But who knows... In my experience, it behooves one to always be ready for dancing.

I am a little groggy right now. I just took a nap.

It has been a good day. Al gave a lecture this morning that was attended by about 100 people. We then had lunch with Fuller alum. It was fun to meet people who've had common experiences. Very friendly. Easy to talk to.

Elizabeth was released from the airport! Good to see her. She was almost exiled in the airport like Tom Hanks in The Terminal. She came to lunch without any sleep. I slept for four hours last night. I think I'll be adjusted by tomorrow.

No comments: