Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Last minute shifts

Ahh, cross cultural experiences... This trip has been in the planning phase for months. I worked my tail off for the last four weeks to prepare numerous presentations for conferences here. Tonight, two days before a three-day conferences begins, the host wants to change many of our presentations. It is hard to hear after so much stress and preparation. It seems like things were not effectively communicated in the planning phases. I am tired and half sick and hearing that I have to go back and rearrange my presentations is making me crabby. Tomorrow was supposed to be our day off. For the last two days we have been busy from 7:45 a.m. until 9 p.m. and I am sharing a room with someone so my "down time" is not totally mine. The introvert in me is screaming for a little more space and time. Having the added task of shifting the presentations pushes me to the point of frustration. I am trying to flexible, patient and optimistic; hopefully my forced attitude improvement will help me get my presentations ready.

3 comments:

Delphi said...

just look forward to tacos in san felipe.................. you are missed

Anonymous said...

Good old Xuefu - unpredictable to the end. Hang in there Sherry. We'll be praying for you tonight at your house - in 45 minutes.
TK

Anonymous said...

hey you, your three tuesday girls are praying for you too! the joys of cross-cultural presentations... :) can't wait to see you and hear all about it! - as